So, it’s about 2 years late. And it was way less than 100 kits, but I finally was able to send some components to Days for Girls! I’m so excited!
Thanks to everyone who donated!!Read More
We’re a bit over a week into the New Year. How are your resolutions going?
I resolve to floss more this year, but even my hygienist isn’t too confident I’ll be able to follow through. Look out, plaque! I’m coming for you in 2015!
If yours was to get healthy, like so many of us, I’m ready to help you with that. I am joining with Drugstore Divas and A Bride On A Budget to give one lucky reader an awesome prize pack from Walgreens and the People’s Choice Awards. Walgreens makes it easy for you to keep your health and wellness resolutions all year long. It starts now and #STARTSHERE to have a happy and healthy 2015!
The lucky winner will win:
- $75 Walgreens gift card for your giveaway prize
- CoverGirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara in Very Black
- CoverGirl Outlast lip color in Plum Berry
- Pantene Pro-V Ultimate 10 BB Crème
- Pantene Weekly Rehab Crème
- Crest Whitestrips Professional Effects
- Crest 3D White Arctic Fresh toothpaste 5.5oz
- ZzzQuil Liquicaps 24ct.
- Walgreens Digital Pedometer
- Contigo Autoseal Grace Water Bottle
- Reusable Walgreens tote bag
This giveaway starts NOW and ends at 11:59pm EST on January 18. The winner must be a US resident who is 18 or older. The winner will be contacted via the email address left in the Rafflecopter and will have 24 hours to respond before another winner is selected. The winners entry/entries will be verified.
Good luck, everyone!
My blog received no compensation for this giveaway and is not responsible for prize fulfillment.Read More
The year I was 36 was pretty fantastic in a lot of ways. I grew so much in the last year. I finally got a handle on my past in a way that has allowed me to successfully move on for the first time ever. I started anti-anxiety medication that has changed my normal into a more normal normal. I feel confident, capable, and deserving of all of it.
My kid was great this year. He was so conversational and fun and has all these independent thoughts and creative ideas. We’ve had so many laughs in the last year!
My marriage is in one of its best years, too, despite the pressure my husband is feeling right now as he is working on his dissertation. We have a nice balance of friendship, partnership, and romance. I’m in love with and feel more connected to PT than ever before.
The year I was 36 was also one of my most devastating. After miscarrying in February, we have had a string of unsuccessful conception attempts. While, yes, it is fun trying, facing the heartbreak of infertility month after month is starting to take its toll on my soul. I’ve cried so many tears this year for the babies that never were. I’ve cried so, so many tears for the baby that was but never will be. And I’ve cried more than my share of tears for the uncertainty of the future of our family.
So, as the year I was thirty-six winds down to a peaceful conclusion with me writing in a warm, quiet house while my loves dream in the next rooms, I can’t help but hope for an even better year next year. I hope we finally find out how many people will be in our family. I hope I continue on this beautiful journey of self-discovery and forgiveness. And I hope the year I spend being 37 is ever so much more kind.Read More
Over the weekend, my husband and I went on a pretty low-key date. We went to dinner, then we walked around the bookstore for a few hours. We mostly just looked at stuff, pointed at titles and laughed, looked through the books we couldn’t afford. Of course, we got a book about thankfulness for Mango – we are still parents, even when we’re on a date, and we can’t turn our brains away from the little guy for too long. But this time, Pop Tart tossed me a book, and I decided to buy it. It’s a book of writing prompts. He thought it might help me rev up my creativity here on the ol’ bloggarooni, and I’m hoping it will help me focus on the reason I started writing in the first place: because I love to write.
There won’t be any rhyme or reason to these posts. I’ll do them as frequently or infrequently as I feel like. I hope you read them and enjoy them, but even if you don’t or think they’re stupid, I’m still doing them. Because I love to write.
So, here’s the first one:
Write yesterday’s fortune cookie. It got everything wrong.
Ok, great. Short and sweet. Got it.
Do not let your anger get the best of you. Combine it with your high energy level to accomplish feats of productivity never before seen.
Yep. Tooooootally wrong!Read More
Disclaimer: I received a gift certificate from Schwan’s ™ in order to facilitate my review. I did buy a bunch of extra stuff, though.
Growing up, I loved that my grandmother ordered food from Schwan’s. She would let me look through the catalogue with a pen and circle all the treats and snacks I wanted. The feeling of conspiring with my Grandma to order things my mom would consider an unattainable splurge was intoxicating. It was a really exciting day when that big yellow truck would pull up in front of the house, bringing with it all the yummy ice cream and pizzas for which I waited so impatiently.
When I got the opportunity to review Schwan’s service, I jumped at the chance. Just the name evoked all those feelings of excitement and delight. I spent maybe too much time perusing the items on Schwans.com with the same glee I used to feel flipping through the pages of the Schwan’s catalogue, tapping a blue Bic while trying to choose. I decided to order a number of different items from different categories to really evaluate the quality of the food. I ordered:
- Corn dogs – These were, no joke, some of the best corn dogs I’ve ever had. Mango has these for a quick and easy lunch sometimes, but more often than not, it’s me on the other side of 50 seconds, waiting for my tasty lunch. There were 16 dogs in the package, so I found this to be a great value. We’ll definitely be ordering these again.
- Cinnamon rolls – YUM. These were ultra-easy to make, since you put them into a cool oven. I just popped them onto a baking sheet while they were still frozen and my eyes were barely open. It was easy enough to do pre-coffee, and they were sooooo good. There were little icing packets included, and I found the icing to be more than enough for the rolls. Mango chose to have a giant puddle of icing on his plate and dip each piece of his cinammon roll into it, and there was still plenty.
- Pot stickers – Look, I love pot stickers, okay? I liked that these were easy to make, either way you choose to cook them. You can either microwave them or microwave then toss into a pan, which I found to be the superior method. It gave it that crispy bottom that is so delicious. There was a dipping sauce that came with it, but it was a little too sweet for my taste. I added some soy sauce to it to make it more salty, and then it was just right.
- Chicken lo mein skillet meal - This was the only item about which I felt just lukewarm. It was, like the other items, very easy to make, but I thought the finished product was just okay. It wasn’t any better or worse than the pre-prepared frozen skillet meals you’d find in your grocery store.
- Chicken pot pie – One of my son’s favorite meals! He actually made up a chicken pot pie song, he loves it so much. And while these weren’t quite as good as homemade, for the convenience, you just can’t beat them. Mango loved having his own little pie, and these were surprisingly quick to heat in the microwave. I enjoyed this item, and will order again!
Overall, I was very pleased with both the quality and the value of the Schwan’s products. The delivery person showed up just 10 minutes into the delivery window, which was great. He was polite and friendly and made an effort to go out of his way to walk just on my sidewalk and not through my grass, which was not necessary but appreciated.
Ordering from Shwan’s was a wonderful, nostalgic experience, but it was really exciting to see how well the company has changed and adapted through the years. Seeing the yellow truck pull up was just as exciting as it was all those years ago, and it was, in some way, a relief to learn that their service and products were just as great today as they were then.Read More